ALTA 2019 is of one of the world’s premier annual metallurgical events, now in its 24th year, and a leading platform for metallurgical innovation. The emphasis of the program is practical rather than academic, and the theme that runs through the conference is the various aspects of project development. ALTA conferences are well-known for providing exceptional opportunities for the industry to share ideas, innovations, technologies and projects, and develop new contacts and broader networks.
The event will include dedicated day sessions for In Situ Recovery (ISR) and Lithium in response to delegate demand and industry activity. Each day session will have an expanded number of presentations (up to 15). The In Situ Recovery (ISR) sessions are organised in partnership with CSIRO Minerals. The Gold-PM sessions are organised in partnership with the Curtin Gold Technology Group, Western Australian School of Mines.
The conference features highly-focused programs, topical forums, panels and presentations by key international speakers. Held over eight days, it comprises:
Five international conferences in one week
- Nickel-Cobalt-Copper (20-22 May)
Including Pressure Acid Leaching Forum & Panel
- Uranium-REE (23 May)
Including Developments in IX Panel
- Gold-PM (23 May) organised in partnership with Curtin Gold Technology Group
Including Fit-for-Purpose Leaching Systems Forum & Panel
- Lithium Processing (24 May)
- In Situ Recovery (ISR) (24 May) organised in partnership with CSIRO Minerals
Three Short Courses
- Treatment of Nickel-Cobalt Laterites (18 May) Course Outline
- Copper SX/EW Basic Principles and Detailed Plant Design (19 May) Course Outline
- Heap Leaching & its Application to Copper, Gold, Uranium & Nickel Ores (25 May) Course Outline