- Uranium Opening Address abstract now available: The Challenges of Operating a Uranium Mill in the Modern Era by Dr Brett Moldovan, Uranium Production Specialist, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) View abstract
- New featured abstracts View abstracts
- The preliminary list of papers includes 91 papers from 25 countries with more in progress. View the list Abstracts will be published by the end February.
Did you missed the 31 January deadline? We will consider late submissions so submit your abstract today! Presenter benefits include 50% off registration fees.
- Uranium-REE-Lithium Keynote: Dr Julian Hilton, Chairman, Aleff Group (UK) will present Constructive Disruption: Leveraging Key Intangibles for Smarter Uranium Projects. View abstract
- Gold-PM Keynote: Dr James Wang, Deputy Executive Director, State Key Laboratory of Comprehensive Utilization of Low Grade and Refractory Gold Ores, Zijin Mining Group (China) will present Treatment of Refractory Gold Ores in China. View abstract
- Nickel-Cobalt-Copper: Dr Kathy Sole, Kathryn C Sole Consulting (South Africa), co-authored by John Parker, Process Ideas (South Africa) and Peter Cole,Peter Cole Metallurgical Services, (South Africa), presenting: Flowsheet Options for Cobalt Recovery in African Copper-Cobalt Hydrometallurgy Circuits. View abstract
- In Situ Recovery (ISR) Symposium: Mr Wayne Heili, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Peninsula Energy (USA), presenting: Key Lessons Learned from the Application of ISR to Uranium View abstract
We are pleased to announce a focussed 1-day In Situ Recovery (ISR) Symposium to be organised in partnership with CSIRO Minerals. The Symposium will be held Wednesday 23 May, and follows on from the three previous ISR events organised by CSIRO. ISR has been mainly limited to roll front sandstone type uranium deposits which have suitable permeability. However, developing technology such as fracking has the potential to open the door to the treatment of a wider range of ore deposits and recovery of other metals such as gold and copper.
Exhibition and Sponsorship
- Booths 50% sold! Book today to secure your presence in the exhibition. More information
- Key sponsorship still available. View packages
Free Technical Articles
ALTA MetBytes are free technical articles offering metallurgical commentary and insights. New additions:
- ALTA 2017 Pressure Acid Leaching Panel Discussion View article
- ALTA 2017 Lithium Processing Panel Discussion View article
- ALTA 2017 Cyanide Alternatives/Alleviation Panel Discussion View article
ALTA Free Library
- Now includes proceedings from ALTA 1995-2015 Nickel-Cobalt-Copper, Uranium-REE and Gold-PM conferences for free download (1260+ papers). The library is expanded regularly, providing a major ongoing resource to the industry. A selection of papers ALTA 2017 and ALTA 2016 are also available.