Announcing Keynote Speakers
- Nickel-Cobalt-Copper: Dr Kathy Sole, Consulting Hydrometallurgist (South Africa), co-authored with John Parker, Process Ideas (South Africa) presenting: Flowsheet Options for Cobalt Recovery in African Copper-Cobalt Hydrometallurgy Circuits.
- Gold-PM: Dr James Wang, Deputy Chief Engineer, Zijin Mining Group (China) presenting Treatment of Refractory Gold Ores in China. Professional bio
- Uranium-REE-Li: Dr Julian Hilton, Chairman, Aleff Group (UK) presenting Constructive disruption: Leveraging Key Intangibles for Smarter Uranium Projects. Professional bio
New Event at ALTA 2018
We are pleased to announce a focussed 1-day ISR Symposium to be organised in cooperation with CSIRO Minerals. The Symposium will be held Wednesday 23 May, and follows on from the three previous ISR events organised by CSIRO. ISR has been mainly limited to roll front sandstone type uranium deposits which have suitable permeability. However, developing technology such as fracking has the potential to open the door to the treatment of a wider range of ore deposits and recovery of other metals such as gold and copper.
We are excited to host this event and are now receiving abstracts.
Call for Papers
You are invited to submit an abstract for ALTA 2018, the 23rd annual metallurgical conference. This established, world-class event comprises three technical conferences and three short courses.
- Now receiving abstracts Submit early to secure your place in the program.
- Presenter benefits include 50% off registration fees.
- Download the conference flyer
Exhibition and Sponsorship
- Booth bookings now available. Confirm early to gain maximise exposure. More information
- Wide variety of high-profile sponsorship opportunities. View packages
Free Technical Articles
ALTA MetBytes are free technical articles offering metallurgical commentary and insights. New additions:
- ALTA 2017 Pressure Acid Leaching Panel Discussion View article
- ALTA 2017 Lithium Processing Panel Discussion View article
- ALTA 2017 Cyanide Alternatives/Alleviation Panel Discussion View article
ALTA Free Library
- Now includes proceedings from ALTA 1995-2015 Nickel-Cobalt-Copper, Uranium-REE and Gold-PM conferences for free download (1260+ papers). The library is expanded regularly, providing a major ongoing resource to the industry. A selection of papers ALTA 2017 and ALTA 2016 are also available.