We are excited to confirm six outstanding Opening and Keynote Speakers:
- Conference Opening Address: David Weight, President, Cobalt Institute (UK): The Changing Landscape of the Cobalt Market
- Nickel-Cobalt-Copper: Dr Bryn Harris, Managing Partner, NMR360: The Future of Ni-Co-Cu Processing in the Age of Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Uranium-REE: Dr Karin Soldenhoff, Technology Manager, ANSTO Minerals: Uranium IX – Past, Present and Future
- Gold-PM: Prof Jacques Eksteen, Director, Gold Technology Group and Chair, Extractive Metallurgy, WASM, Curtin University: What Attributes do we want from a Gold Lixiviant within an Overall Processing Context?
- In Situ Recovery (ISR): Dr Horst Maerten, Vice President Technology, Heathgate Resources, Trends in ISR Technology
- Lithium Processing: Adrian Griffin, Managing Director, Lithium Australia: The Need for Innovation to Meet the Future Lithium Demand
Call for Papers
ALTA 2019 is a world-class annual metallurgical conference, now in its 24th year, and a leading platform for innovation. The event comprises five conferences and three short courses over eight days. We invite you to submit an abstract and secure your place in this prestigious event. Call for papers
What do people say about ALTA?
Over the past 23 years, 3,218 people from 64 countries have attended ALTA conferences 5,966 times – a true testament to the quality of this world-leading annual metallurgical event. Read our Testimonials
- Technical proceedings available for immediate download. To view contents & abstracts and purchase, visit Publications.
- ALTA 2018 was a huge success! It was a big week with 100 papers, 377 attendees from 29 countries and 90 visitors to the exhibition. View the conference report and photographs.
ALTA Free Library
- Now includes proceedings from ALTA 1995-2016 Nickel-Cobalt-Copper, Uranium-REE and Gold-PM conferences for free download (1350+ papers). The library is expanded regularly, providing a major ongoing resource to the industry. A selection of papers from ALTA 2018 and ALTA 2017 is also available.
Free Technical Articles
ALTA MetBytes are free technical articles offering metallurgical commentary and insights. Latest articles:
- ALTA 2018 Hydromet Processing of Sulphides Panel Discussion
- Copper SX Fire Safety – No Grounds for Complacency