The latest MetBytes discusses developments in hydromet processing of nickel laterites, including PAL, by-product scandium, atmospheric tank leaching, heap leaching, chloride & nitric acid leaching. Download Article
- Innovative Copper and Cobalt Recovery from Concentrate Tailings and a Copper Electrolyte Circuit Based on WINRIS Technology by BSFW Process Engineering (South Africa). The paper covers both a proposed project for Co recovery from an existing copper refinery in the DRC, and a study which compares costs for conventional CCD/SX processing for copper leach slurries with WINRIS IX technology. View Abstract
- The Current Status of Scandium Supply Project and Their Technical Challenges by EMC Metals (Australia)/Scandium International (USA). The paper outlines potential sources of supply including laterite PAL operations and the Nyngan Scandium Project (Australia), which involves a PAL circuit. View Abstract
Keynote Speakers Announced
- Mr Mark Benz, Vice President, Technologies, Sherritt International Corporation (Canada) – Keynote, Nickel-Cobalt-Copper sessions. This presentation will address the challenges and strategies involved in technology development and implementation, including the key need for training and support of the technology user’s personnel.
- Mr Grenvil Dunn, Principal Process Engineer, Orway Mineral Consultants (Australia) – Keynote, Uranium-REE sessions. Planning for a Successful Uranium Pilot Plant Program
- Dr Stephen La Brooy, Principal Process Consultant, Ausenco (Australia) – Keynote, Gold-PM sessions. Fixing the Cyanide Issue – Alleviation or Replacement
Call for Papers
- Now receiving abstracts for ALTA 2017.
- Presenter benefits include 50% off registration fees.
- ALTA MetBytes, free technical articles offering metallurgical commentary and insights, now available.
- MetBytes will be published regularly.