ALTA Metallurgical Services (ALTA) was established by metallurgical consultant Alan Taylor in Melbourne, Australia in 1985, to serve the worldwide mining, minerals and metallurgical industries.
Alan has 40+ years’ experience in the metallurgical, mineral and chemical processing industries in Australasia, New Zealand, North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe. He has worked in metallurgical consulting, project development, engineering/construction, plant operations, plant start-up and technology development. Projects and studies have involved copper, gold/silver, nickel/cobalt, uranium and base metals.
As an independent metallurgical consultant since 1985, Alan has as undertaken feasibility studies, project assessment, project development, supervision of testwork, flowsheet development, basic engineering, supervision of detailed engineering, plant commissioning and peer reviews and audits. Clients have included a variety of major and junior mining, exploration and engineering companies throughout Australia and overseas.
ALTA conferences are established major events on the international metallurgical industry calendar. Now in its 19th year, this metallurgical conference is held annually in Perth, Australia. The event comprises three conferences over five days and includes
- Gold-Precious Metals
- Two Short Courses
- Trade Exhibition
- Conference Proceedings and Manuals
- Short Course Manuals
- Seminar Manuals
- Free papers and presentations
Practically-oriented Technical Short Courses presented by Alan Taylor, Managing Director. Courses can be held at your office or at ALTA offices in Melbourne, Australia.
- A-Z of Copper Ore Leaching
- Copper Oxide Ore Heap Leaching Testwork and Scale-Up
- Copper SX/EW Basic Principles and Detailed Plant Design
- Heap Leaching and its Application to Copper, Gold, Uranium and Nickel Ores
- Solvent Extraction and its Application to Copper, Uranium and Nickel-Cobalt
- Treatment of Nickel-Cobalt Laterites
- Uranium Ore Processing
High level metallurgical and project development consulting, short courses and seminars.
- Leaching – heap, pressure, bio, atmospheric and in-place
- Solvent extraction/ion exchange
- Electrowinning and electrorefining
- Cyanidation and CIP/CIL
- Crushing, grinding and flotation
- Gravity processing
- Solid/liquid separation