Sponsored by Solvay
The Nickel-Cobalt-Copper sessions are held over three days from Monday 20 May to Wednesday 22 May. The program includes 35 papers plus the Pressure Acid Leaching panel discussion.
The Uranium-REE sessions, organised in co-operation with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), are held on Thursday 23 May in in parallel with the Gold-PM sessions. Delegates may move freely between sessions and will receive both proceedings. The program includes 16 papers plus the Developments in IX panel discussion.
Sponsored by Air Liquide
The Gold-PM sessions, organised in partnership with Curtin Gold Technology Group, are held on Thursday 23 May, in parallel with the Uranium-REE sessions. Delegates may move freely between sessions and will receive both proceedings. The program includes 16 papers plus the Fit-for-Purpose Leaching Systems panel discussion.
Sponsored by Mining3
The In Situ Recovery (ISR) sessions, organised in partnership with CSIRO Mineral Resources, are held on Friday 24 May, in parallel with the Lithium Processing sessions. Delegates may move freely between sessions and will receive both proceedings. The program includes 15 papers plus the Enhancing ISR Permeability panel discussion.
Sponsored by OLI Systems
The Lithium Processing sessions are held on Friday 24 May, in parallel with the In Situ Recovery (ISR) sessions. Delegates may move freely between sessions and will receive both proceedings. The program includes 16 papers plus the Novel Lithium Processes panel discussion.
President, Cobalt Institute (United Kingdom)
Conference Opening Address
The Changing Landscape of the Cobalt Market
|Dr Bryn Harris
Managing Partner, NMR360 Inc (Canada)
Nickel-Cobalt-Copper Keynote Address
The Future of Ni-Co-Cu Processing in the Age of Lithium-Ion Batteries
|Dr Brett Moldovan
Team Leader, Uranium Resources and Production
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) (Austria)
Uranium-REE Opening Address
What will Future Uranium Mining Projects Look Like?
|Dr Karin Soldenhoff
Technology Manager - Minerals, ANSTO (Australia)
Uranium-REE Keynote Address
Uranium IX - Past, Present and Future
|Prof Jacques Eksteen
Director, Gold Technology Group and Chair, Extractive Metallurgy,
Western Australian School of Mines, Curtin University (Australia)
Gold-PM Keynote Address
Fit-for-Purpose Precious Metals Leach Systems: Matching Leach Strategies to Source Characteristics
|Dr Horst Maerten
Vice President Technology, Heathgate Resources (Australia) and CEO, Umwelt-und Ingenieurtechnik GmbH Dresden (UIT) (Germany)
In Situ Recovery Keynote Address
Trends in ISR Technology
Managing Director, Lithium Australia (Australia)
Lithium Processing Keynote Address
Innovation Required to Meet Future Lithium Demand
Conference Chair, ALTA 2019
Metallurgical Consultant and Managing Director, ALTA Metallurgical Services (Australia)
The Rise of Cobalt – A Laterite Wars Story
A selection of abstracts from each of the technical sessions.
- Nickel-Cobalt-Copper: The Clean TeQ Sunrise Project - Pilot Demonstrated Upgrade of Pressure Acid Leach Discharge Through Use of Continuous Resin In Pulp Technology, Clean TeQ View abstract
- Nickel-Cobalt-Copper: First Commercialisation of the Albion ProcessTM for Copper, Glencore Technology View abstract
- Uranium-REE: Uranium Mine Development in Mongolia Ministry Mining & Heavy Industry/Nuclear Energy Commission View abstract
- Uranium-REE: Predicting the Speciation and Properties of Rare Earth Elements During Chemical Extraction from Mineral Deposits OLI Systems View abstract
- Gold-PM: Demonstration at Scale in the Field of a Non-Toxic Reagent System to Recover Gold CSIRO Minerals/Eco Minerals Research/Clean Mining View abstract
- In Situ Recovery: Microbially-Assisted In Situ Metal Recovery - Where Does it Make Sense? Newmont Mining View abstract
- Lithium Processing: Lithium Hydroxide Production - Processing Review, Technology Development and Future Opportunities ANSTO View abstract
The emphasis of the program is practical rather than academic, and the themes running through the conference are the various aspects of technology and project development. The event comprises five international conferences including dedicated expanded day sessions for In Situ Recovery (ISR) and Lithium Processing in response to industry activity. We are pleased to partner with CSIRO Minerals for ISR and Curtin Gold Technology Group for Gold-PM. The Uranium-REE and ISR sessions, and Heap Leaching short course are organised in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).