We hope your participation in our 23rd annual conference will be rewarding and enjoyable.
Access to papers will be available to registered delegates 19 May.
- Daily conference alerts will be sent to all attendees, if you are not receiving yours, please contact Allison Taylor.
- Correct lanyards must be worn at all times, sharing is not permitted.
- Arrival coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be held in the exhibition. Exhibition visitors may not attend during lunch.
- Welcome Reception and Happy Hour functions will be held in the exhibition. Exhibition visitors are not permitted to attend unless a ticket is purchased.
- The Conference Dinner will be held on Tuesday evening and limited places remain available. Tickets will be collected on admission.
- Special offer to delegates of 25% discount on ALTA proceedings and short course manuals for orders placed prior to until 30 June (refer satchel insert).
- The dress code is smart casual or business suit for sessions, exhibition and networking functions.
- Photographs are prohibited during sessions, except for authorised personnel.
- Video or audio recording of sessions is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be asked to leave the sessions.
- Please remember to turn off your mobile phones during session!
- ALTA complies with the antitrust laws of Australia. Attendees are encouraged to consult with their own corporate counsel for further guidance in complying with Australian and foreign antitrust laws and regulations.
Thank you to our Wi-Fi Sponsor
- Enable the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device or laptop.
- Select the network meet@panpacific
- Open your preferred internet browser which will automatically direct you to the Pan Pacific log-in page.
- Select Conference and enter the daily password below in Conference Code
|Nickel-Cobalt-Copper||Monday||Mark Benz, President, MRB International Consulting Ltd (Canada)
Mike Miller, Consultant, SNC-Lavalin (Australia)
|Tuesday||Andrew Bekle, MEP Technical Sales Representative/New Business Development South East Asia, Solvay (Australia)
Graham Seal, Sales Manager Lightnin, SPX Flow Technology Australia Pty Ltd (Australia)
|Wednesday||John Riordan, Process Manager, Minnovo Pty Ltd (Australia)
Alan Taylor, Managing Director, ALTA Metallurgical Services (Australia)
Hydromet Processing of Copper, Nickel & Cobalt Sulphides Panel
Lourdes Valle, Senior Process Engineer, SNC-Lavalin (Australia)
|ISR Symposium||Wednesday||Dr Dave Robinson, Technology Leader In Situ Recovery and Processing, Mining3 (Australia)
Dr Laura Kuhar, Research Team Leader, CSIRO (Australia)
|Uranium-REE-Lithium||Thursday||Simon Ballestrin, Project Manager/Lead Process Metallurgical Engineer, GPA Engineering (Australia)
Dr James Quinn, Senior Hydrometallurgist, ANSTO Minerals (Australia)
|Friday||Dr Mike Dry (Arithmetek) representing OLI Systems (USA)
Johanna van Deventer, Technical Sales Manager, Purolite (South Africa)
Lithium Processing Panel
Grant Harman, Consultant, Lithium Consultants Australasia (Australia)
|Gold-PM||Thursday||Dr Jacques Eksteen, Chair: Extractive Metallurgy, Director: Gold Technology Group, Curtin University (Australia)
Dr Stephen La Brooy, Principal Process Engineer, Ausenco (Australia)
|Friday||Mark Martin, Business Director, Global Projects, Koch Knight LLC (USA)
John O'Callaghan, Head of Metallurgy, Newcrest Mining Ltd (Australia)
Refractory and Complex Gold Ores Panel
Alan Taylor, Managing Director, ALTA Metallurgical Services
|Click to view abstract|
|Conference Opening Address||Dr Stephen Grocott|
Chairman, AMIRA International Ltd and Chief Technical Development Officer, Clean TeQ Limited
|What Is Changing in the Global Minerals Industry - Delivering Value by Leveraging Resources|
|Nickel-Cobalt-Copper Keynote Address||Dr Kathy Sole|
Kathryn C. Sole Consulting
(South Africa) Professional Bio
John Parker, Managing Director, Process Ideas (South Africa); Peter Cole, Peter Cole Metallurgical Services (South Africa); Dr Michael B. Mooiman, Franklin Pierce University (USA)
|Flowsheet Options for Cobalt Recovery in African Copper-Cobalt Hydrometallurgy Circuits|
|ISR Symposium Keynote Address||Mr Wayne Heili|
Managing Director and CEO
Peninsula Energy Limited (USA)
|Key Lessons Learned from the Application of ISR to Uranium|
|Uranium-REE-Lithium Opening Address||Dr Brett Moldovan|
Uranium Production Specialist
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
|The Challenges of Operating a Uranium Mill in the Modern Era|
|Uranium-REE-Li Keynote Address||Dr Julian Hilton|
Aleff Group (UK)
|Constructive Disruption: Leveraging Key Intangibles for Smarter Uranium Projects|
|Gold-PM Keynote Address||Dr James Wang|
Deputy Executive Director
State Key Laboratory of Comprehensive Utilization of Low Grade and Refractory Gold Ores
Zijin Mining Group (China)
|Treatment of Refractory Gold Ores in China|
|Dinner Address||Mr Alan Taylor|
ALTA Metallurgical Services (Australia)
|A Metallurgist’s Musings, Speculations and What-ifs on Future Industry Driving Forces and Trends|
Program changes will be announced here
- Access passwords will be sent to delegates 17 May via email "ALTA 2018 Papers" and activated on 19 May.
- Sharing passwords is strictly prohibited.
- Registration fees must be paid in full to receive passwords.
- If you do not receive a password, contact Allison Taylor.
- Papers are listed in order of presentation. Late papers will be posted as received (may not be in ALTA format).
- Booth support staff and exhibition visitors do not receive passwords or proceedings.
- Delegates may download to a mobile device for use during the conference.
- Delegates may print for individual personal use only. Distribution without the express written permission of ALTA is prohibited
- The delegate portal will remain open until 8 June.
- The final proceedings will be provided in electronic format to all delegates after the conference by 31 July.