Alan Taylor has 40+ years’ experience in the metallurgical, mineral and chemical processing industries in Australasia, New Zealand, North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe. He has worked in metallurgical consulting, project development, engineering/construction, plant operations, plant start-up and technology development. Projects and studies have involved copper, gold/silver, nickel/cobalt, uranium, base metals, phosphates and alumina.
Since 1985, as an independent metallurgical consultant, he has as undertaken feasibility studies, project assessment, project development, supervision of testwork, flowsheet development, basic engineering, supervision of detailed engineering, plant commissioning and peer reviews and audits. Clients have included a variety of major and junior mining, exploration and engineering companies throughout Australia and overseas.
Alan graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (Honours) from Durham University, UK and is registered as an AusIMM Chartered Professional Metallurgy.
Professional Memberships include:
- AUSIMM (Fellow) – Australasian Institute of Mining & Metallurgy
- AusIMM Consultants Society
- CIM – Canadian Institute of Mining & Metallurgy
- SME – Society for Mining Metallurgy & Exploration (USA)
- TMS – Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (USA)
- SAIMM (Fellow) – Southern African Institute of Mining & Metallurgy